General contractor/construction manager based in Fairfax, VA seeks unique individual to be supportive member of the accounting team. The Accounts Payable Specialist will match, code and enter all AP’s. The ideal candidate takes ownership of process from conception to end result, is organized, self-motivated and has effective problem solving skills. Must communicate and follow up effectively with internal and external resources regarding vendor accounts on a timely basis. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code and enter all vendor and subcontractor invoices into Viewpoint Vista accounting software;
- Analyze vendor statements for accuracy and correct all discrepancies;
- Process biweekly check runs;
- Monitor subcontractor compliance;
- Prepare, distribute and collect the executed subcontractor lien waivers;
- File invoices, expense reports and other documents maintained by the accounting department.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in accounting
- Background in construction is a plus
- Must be motivated self-starter and work independently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with internal and external contacts
- Excellent accounting problem solving skills, analytical personality
- Attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Viewpoint Construction Software is preferred, but not required
Patner Construction, Inc. has provided construction services in the Washington, DC metro area since 2000. Company’s project portfolio includes aviation, biotech, commercial, government, hotel and hospitality as well as high-end custom tenant fit-outs.